Friday, February 25, 2011

How Can I Help?

Lots of people are asking us this as our trip draws near. I'm telling them all the same thing...PRAY! :) Because that's really all we need. However, I also have a very practical thing that will help the children that we will leave behind at Kirill's orphanage.

Kirill's orphanage is very, very poor. They need so many things. They depend on adoptive families to provide these needs. We will be the first family in SEVEN YEARS to adopt from this orphanage. So they haven't gotten much in the way of donations in the past seven years.

A little about the orphanage...it houses 98 (soon to be 97 :) ) children with special needs, ages 4-18. They do get some humanitarian aid, but I can tell you from what we witnessed first-hand, they are very poor and need so much more. Greg and I will be taking money with us on our trip and purchasing items in-country to give to the orphanage. It's just easier/more practical to do it that way because of cost to ship or check the luggage we would need to carry donations. Also, the orphanages have specific things that they need at specific times due to the special needs of the orphans housed there. So until we go, we won't be sure of what the needs are at this time. If you would like to make a donation, we will use it to purchase things like diapers, medical supplies, therapeutic toys, books, sheets, clothing, food/snacks, etc for the orphanage. We would love to overwhelm them with donations of things that they so desperately need. My hope is that we can buy enough to fill our car with things for the orphanage each day that we make a trip out there while we are in country (two trips). Heck, we will rent a van if need be. I have a PayPal account to make it easy for you. Just send donations via paypal to tesneydavis(at)hotmail(dot)com. Or if you want to mail us a check, that will work too; email me at the same email address and I will send you our mailing address. I promise the money will be used for these precious children that need it so badly. Will you consider making a donation? Nothing is too small.

4 comments:

  1. I just sent you a little something. Wish it could be more, but I hope it helps. I will be following your blog and praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa!!! I got it! It's plenty...it will bless the orphanage and help us help them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paypal coming your way from our family to those sweet children! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you and your family for your kindness and perseverace. Although I don't know you, accept my small donation with prayers and thankfulness.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete