Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All We Can Do

Wow...this is a hard post to write. I've tried to come up with a creative way to start but I just don't have any words that seem to do justice to the enormity of my emotions. I think I'm the closest to being empty of myself and control that I've ever been. That's a great thing; a very peaceful feeling. I know that regardless of the outcome, I'm HIS and HE IS MINE. I have no fear in this life, because to die is gain. Soak that in...let it marinate...

Tonight while our country sleeps, our facilitator will be meeting with the judge to ask her to assign us a court date. This will also affect the adoption of other families in our region, as K and one other little girl will be the first children with Down Syndrome ever adopted out of that region. One other family trying to adopt from that region will not be allowed a first travel date until our adoptions are final.

Adopting children with DS is new & foreign to the people there. Our children will open the door for many others if we are allowed to adopt them. I can't stress enough the importance of this meeting. When we were at the orphanage, we were told that we were the first visitors to the orphanage in SEVEN YEARS. Seven years since anyone had wanted a child from this orphanage full of 98 precious little souls. Ninety-eight children that were labeled as "damaged" by their society and placed as far out of sight and mind as possible. 

People have been praying, fasting, sending texts, emails, phone calls...I'm overwhelmed with the support and the love we've been given. K is going to have such a great extended family of people who have labored in prayer for him. I don't think you will ever know how humbled, blessed, and strengthened we have been by your prayers. I know K is feeling the prayers as well. 

I've heard people say, "Well, all we can do is pray" about situations before. God has taught me something very important through all of this: that is a crappy expression. I think I'm changing it around. I'm going to start saying: "We can do ALL when we pray." Prayer is HUGE. PRAYER IS DOING SOMETHING. PRAYER IS DOING THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. WE ARE TALKING TO THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE!

God forgive me for not praying more. For not praying when things are "good" and I think I'm in control. God controls it all. Even the judge...

Proverbs 21

    1. The Lord can control a king's mind as he controls a river;
        he can direct it as he pleases.

As soon as we know anything, I will let you all know by any and all means possible...blog, Facebook, text, email, Twitter...you will actually probably be able to hear me yelling from our apartment if we get a court date. Remember though, no matter what, God is still God. We are only here by his hand to carry out his purpose, which is spreading the Gospel of Christ. We will continue to live out our purpose no matter what! Thank you for being faithful in prayer for us & K.

9 comments:

  1. Ahh, the anticipation of 'when' is killing me! Praying it is today, or tomorrow, that you will find out. Got your email, sad but understand .. will hit ya back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!
    And I like it: We can do all when we pray:) Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know that I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tes for being so strong. Thank you too for the reminder to seek understanding from the Source and that we are all in His hands. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you too. My girls will be praying for you tonight when they say their prayers at bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our God is big enough to make these court dates happen and to assure that Ashley and her husband get to meet Baby J very soon. Praying for you and your precious angel tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until that day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes again." 1 Thes. 5:23

    I don't have much more to say Tes other than I'll be praying - what time is the meeting so I can set my alarm and pray right then over the facilitator's words over the judge's heart?
    Wait one more thing:
    33for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tesney,

    You don't know me but I am adopting a little girl from Russia through RR. I love her with all my heart and I have never laid eyes on her. I have prayed all day and will pray all night for your son, for all three children, for you, for the families. I have emailed every person I know asking them to join me in prayer. I will stand in the gap for your son and I will shout from the mountain tops when God pushes open that door that is keeping you from him, and I will cry tears of joy when he falls into your arms. Home at last. I am one of the thousands of bowed heads surrounding you and your sweet boy. Come home, sweet child, God has cleared a path.

    Love finds a way,
    Renee Tam
    chasing-moonlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete