Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Birthday John Sergeant!!!




John Sergeant's newborn pic. Not sure when this was taken, but it is the earliest pic of him we have.


Today Sarge turns two. I thought it would be a good time to show off the few other pictures we have of him. It is breaking my heart that he is somewhere in an orphanage and can't be celebrating with his forever family. I wonder if they even acknowledge birthdays in the orphanages. I feel certain that they do not; but a little part of me hopes that at least his caregiver gave him a birthday hug today. It's been really bittersweet for me today, thinking about how different it will be this time next year. I am so excited for him to get here, but it is so sad to think about the days that he will spend in the orphanage until then. So say a little prayer for our Sarge today! Next year we will have a big party to celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. He's precious! Thank you for sharing his picture. When I was going through the adoption processes of Caleb and Elijah, their birthdays didn't fall during those times. But the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) did. It is hard, I understand that. But he will be coming home soon, and before you know it this will all be a memory.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Sarge. Can't wait to celebrate with you next year!

    ReplyDelete