Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peanut Butter & Jelly



Early one morning, Greg and I were laying in bed and Clayton came to join us (as he often does...usually between 5 and 6 a.m....why o why?). He was chatting it up so we knew there was no hope of dozing back off for an extra hour of sleep. So we started talking about Sarge and where his place would be in our bed when he got home. Out of nowhere, Clayton yelled, "HEY! SARGE CAN BE THE JELLY!" Explanation: we make "Clayton sandwiches" which is a family hug with Clayton in the middle. I guess he was thinking he could be the peanut butter and Sarge could be the jelly and we could make pb&j sandwiches instead of Clayton sandwiches! I love the way that little mind thinks.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously... that story just made me tear up again!!! I'm so touched by this entire process, I guess no matter what you put on here, I'm going to cry. What a sweet brother he will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just precious! I love me some Clayton!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete