Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dossier En Route

I got an email from our adoption agency social worker that our dossier is en route. Once it is apostilled, we will get our travel date. This is estimated to take 3-5 weeks. Please pray for it to happen quickly and without any snafus. We are realistically hoping to travel in March. I am praying that it happens sooner, but the likelihood of that is slim to none given the time frame we've been told. On the bright side, surely it is warmer in Eastern Europe in March than in January/February! I'm a warm weather girl through and through. Lows have been in the single digits and highs around freezing here for the past couple of weeks. This is very unusual for Alabama. I have dern near frozen. I cannot handle the cold! So Greg was worried about me traveling over there in the winter. I would do anything for Sarge, but I'm not sure they make warm enough clothing for me to endure single digit highs! I would gladly try if they would let us travel now, though!


  1. you sound like me!!! I was praying we wouldn't have to travel to Ukraine in the Winter, but i would have if they told me to be there! we sure have had some crazy weather in Alabama... heck, there has been a heat wave this weekend (aside from the rain). Praying things move quickly from here on out!

  2. Hey Tesney,
    I traveled the last week of March for my first trip to Russia to meet Caleb. Sorry to say, there was still a good foot of snow on the ground and it was COLD! That was in 2005. Last year, I was in Novosibirsk in March and it was nice and sunny, still some snow but not real cold. The good news is your second trip should have beautiful weather!!!!! I was in Russia in June 2005 and the weather was great! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about your new little man!!

  3. Glad to hear the good news.. I understand how you can't wait to bring him home. We are still waiting to be paired with a family and we are 4th on the list. We can't wait to meet the little baby that God has chosen for us.