Monday, October 19, 2009

I-600A



We mailed our I-600A Application with a big fat check to the USCIS today. Just FYI for any of you who are adopting and haven't done this step yet, there has been a change in where you send your application. All of the apps now go to Lewisville, TX, and then they will forward it to your local office. I'm not sure why they decided to do it that way. Seems like an extra step to me. I'm hoping it doesn't slow down the process!

Just in case you have no clue what I'm talking about; basically, it means we have to get another set of fingerprints done. We had to have one set done a couple of months ago for the state background check. The fingerprints we have to get next are biometric fingerprints through the Department of Homeland Security. After they get our application, they will give us an appointment and tell us when to go get them done at the nearest "local" office. Our closest office in Birmingham.

There ya go...boring post for the day of where we are in the process. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Well, Missy Prissy, you may find that boring but I think it's neat to read what all you guys are doing. I love that you are sharing all of this, because it's helping the rest of us to understand just what all goes into an adoption. So, keep the boring info coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already have our little one with us, and we're still going back for more fingerprinting - it never ends!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! You are making progress quickly! We are doing the I-800. I have to call and get an extension for our supporting documents.

    ReplyDelete