Sunday, October 4, 2009

Will Babies With Down Syndrome Just Disappear?

This is an absolutely shocking article to me. Read more here:

Will Babies with Down Syndrome Just Disappear?

Shared via AddThis

After reading it, I did a little research and found that the statistics cited are not high. It's pretty much the same on every website I can find (+/- 2 percent). Approximately NINETY-TWO PERCENT...NINETY-TWO PERCENT! of women who are carrying a child with Down Syndrome elect to abort. NINETY-TWO PERCENT! It's staggering to me. I just can't get my head around that statistic. That is more than nine out of ten. Now I'm asking myself, what can be done? How do we change this? I don't know, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. This is so disturbing! I could understand wanting to know, so you can be prepared (the same way I would want to know if I was having a boy or a girl). But this is just chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no!! Disturbing, indeed. Wow. People like you and Greg are already starting to make a difference to help change this statistic. We will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete